From:
Violette Malomay <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 Mar 2000 12:13:34 EST
Hi All,
Hugs and prayers to all fuzzies and their slaves.

Coughing Ferret: We have a ferret who coughs a lot.  We have had him
checked and on different meds.  Nothing has helped.  His lungs are clear
and there is no leakage from his nose or eyes.  We have tried several
different litters and his bedding is only clothe.  We use a non perfume or
bleach cleaner for their bedding and still he coughs.  The vet thinks he
is allergic to something, we just can't figure it out.  He is healthy
otherwise and can outrun the rest of them (we have 4 total) We have also
had his throat checked to make sure there is nothing caught in there.  As
long as you have done all you can and you ferret is healthy otherwise I
would not worry.  I am becoming convinced that some ferrets do cough for
no apparent reason.

Biting ferret: Lot's of love and attention will eventually work.  We have
one who would attack for no reason, even with the apple bitter spray.  We
learned very quickly to say no when he bit and then to hold him close (with
his face away from us) and to kiss and love him and then we would give him
a little treat.  He is a wonderful ferret now and even gives the best
kisses.

Hug you fuzzies, we don't have a lot of time with them.  Bless you all

Vi and the gang