From:
Lynn McIntosh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 Aug 1998 23:03:51 +0000
Hi.  I had an update on Tarzee about ready to go, but now must amend it.
Tarzee, my handsome, handsome, wonderful guy, has slid down very fast.
He finished his fourth chemo treatment for lympho Thursday, and has gone
downhill since.  His red blood cells were at 25%, and today were at 10%,
with white cells very low, too.  He cannot walk.  He is very, very, very
low.  He had a blood transfusion today, thanks to his bud Petey, and began
Biomox antibiotic.  Also has been well hydrated.  Whether these things will
help, we don't know...

Tarzee has been through so much and so bravely, and he has been
sock-stealing Tarzee up until today, which I'm very grateful for.  He has
kept popping balloons and hiding rubber balls, and even given Petey a bit
of business.  He gained 11 ounces since his surgery seven weeks ago, when
a large, cancerous lymph node that was blocking his stomach was removed.
Unfortunately, there were other cancerous lymph nodes along the intestines,
but unadvanced enough to give chemo a hope and a prayer.

He cannot hold down food, now, and, since he's hydrated, we've been advised
to give him a dose of butorphinol and let him have a good sleep.  Before I
go lay down beside him (though he will be in a cage level with my bed so as
to get a good sleep), I will go get little Minnie, my nurse fur kid, to
keep him company for the night.

So, for Tarzee it is a time for prayers and good thoughts.

To our friends who I haven't written lately, I'm sorry.  It's been a tough
stretch.  Today was spent on the phone trying to find a vet in Seattle to
give a transfusion, which wasn't easy.  Tarzee's vet is sick and his clinic
closed at one.  His former vet gallantly came to the rescue.

So please, if you find a moment to think of or pray for my sweet, sweet
Tarz, it would mean a lot....

Lynn and the sweetest creatures on earth, seven fur kids