From:
Dayna Frazier <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 8 Jun 1996 22:25:44 EDT
I received a very special gift from one of you .  In the accompanying letter
the gift giver stated that the enclosed $1.00 seemed hardy worth the sending
but that it was all they had just now due to a huge vet.  bill for one of
their precious babies.  After all in this day and age what can one little
dollar buy?

It can buy a life, thats what!  A ferret can go into a severe shock if it
has a reaction to a vaccination..  and sometimes that shock doesn't happen
for several hours after the injection is administered, so the vets office
may be long since shut down for the day when it hits.  If that fuzzy does
not get the injection to counteract the allergic shock it can die very very
quickly.  At the least it will go thru Hell and so will the family as they
watch their little one go limp and then perhaps begin vomiting and
convulsing and worse.  The cost of the antihistimine in the injection?...
one dollar!

When a fuzzy suffers a severe laceration [cut] from something sharp in its
play area the cut must be closed to save its life.  The cost of the sutures
to close a cut like that?..one dollar!

There are too many such examples to count when you look around an infirmary
for treatment of ferrets and their illnesses and mishaps.  So what is the
value of that single dollar that person scraped to send in to help us care
for the hurt little ones?  The difference between life and death for a fuzzy
in serious trouble, thats its value!

Please, every single one of you who has sent a gift to a rescue Mom, take a
moment to realize just what those funds can and will do for those needy
fuzzys.  And those of you that feel badly because your gift isn't measured
in multi-digits, who possibly feel its not enough to bother with, or not
enough to be noticed by the Mom running the rescue center you send it to,
please listen to me!  That gift you feel is too insignificant to do any good
may be the difference between recovery and a fatality.

What were my thoughts when I opened that envelope and found that dollar
inside?  it was 'Thank You, Thats one more precious little one I can save!'

When you sit and play with your fur kids please look at them long and hard
and know that every rescue Mom values each and every gift she receives for
her rescue efforts and that even one little dollar can give back love and
life to a funny face just like the one you are holding in your loving hands.

Remember, every one of us, engaged in this loving service, ends each day
thanking our Higher Power over and over for all of you that give so
generously of the support without which we could not do what we do.

Bless You, every one of you, for your prayers and your life giving gifts!

 dayna

 dayna frazier   102046,3162
'resident of the 'Marvellous Menagerie of Mirthful Mayhem'
             MMOMM!!!