From:
Danielle Frye <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 20 Dec 2001 09:06:53 -0800
I had to respond to this since normally this would never have been allowed
on the FML, since it is not about ferrets.  I tried to get a similar
message through to everyone about a year ago, but it was rejected.

I have had this same problem.  The FBI does not care about individuals
being hacked.  Sorry, but they took the report and that was the end of
it, no action taken.  I have very little faith that this effort on the
poster's part will pay off and quite honestly, is this is the same
"Debbie" (last name starts with a "G") I know of (in Washington)?

This whole thing got started a long time ago between her and one other
party.  I believed Debbie G.  and got involved only to have it escalate
to a level where I had to involve the local police.  Please, before you
people start sending ANYONE your private records from your computer,
think twice!  Unfortunately, both parties in this case are guilty of one
questionable action or another.  Both of them are at fault and have tried
to involve others into the mix.  It has been perpetuated on another list
where people just cannot let it go.  I am quite sure that my machine has
been hacked in the past and I have a very strong suspicion about who did
it.  However, I am not going to spend a bunch of time (already did) on
this issue.  The local police did a great job in intervening and prevented
me from receiving any more nasty emails or threats.  Unfortunately, one of
these two parties has continued to needlessly bash me on a newsgroup with
a mob mentality, that I don't even post on.  Also, this "Debbie" has gone
to that list and brought plenty of the problems onto herself.  She cannot
seem to let bygones be bygones.  Some have called her a "troll", whatever
that insinuates.

I don't see an FBI case number listed nor do I see an FBI agent coming on
this list or Debbie posting a person to contact with information.

Yes, do install a firewall.  Yes, if you believe you are being "hacked",
look into it.  However, DON'T send information or records to ANYONE except
the authorities, directly.  IF they are truly investigating this case,
they would already have posted the contact information for them or had
Debbie post a phone number to call.  The only reason I am posting about
this is to save all of you the grief that I encountered regarding this
situation.

BEWARE!

BIG - this will be my only post on this non-ferret related subject.

Now to the ferret stuff...

I believe that Cleo might have a bladder infection and I am taking her to
the vet today to see what he suggests.  Last night Marley took the Kong
toy and stuffed it into daddy's pillow on the bed.  Imagine his surprise
when he flipped his pillow over to lay down on a Kong!  It was pretty
funny but I couldn't laugh because at the time, it scared the xxxx out
of him!

Take care~

[Moderator's note: Several people did indeed question my judgement about
letting that original post in.   Whether it's to tell me I'm right or
wrong, I appreciate the effort that several of you made to write to me
about it.  BIG]