From:
Sandy Repper <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 28 Sep 2001 19:06:51 EDT
Tasha was quietly sent on this afternoon.She had an almost closed
intestine from cancer,so the vet and I both agreed it was time to let her
go.Tasha was a tiny ferret on the outside,but her heart was one of the
biggest I've had the pleasure to meet.She came with Boris.who was the one
they'd given up on,naked and starved.She gained up to a whopping 1.5
lbs,and then had her first surgery.That lasted for almost a year and that
was when her true spirit started to emerge.She liked her tennis ball,and
would drag it backwards around the room.She taught all my ferrets how to
walk a plastic bag from the inside,they still do this.

She got along with all the animals,cats and ferts,except Honey.Honey
scared the poop out of Tasha.She was very kind to my ailing senior cat
even as she started to lose her fur again.She had a second surgery for
adrenal,and two hair balls were taken out of her stomach,but the adrenal
gland was normal.She recovered from that and did great for three
months.She started getting skinny,and couldn't walk right.Her back toes
kept curling under and she'd lose her footing in the back end.She kept
going though and played in the plastic bags and the tube.She really tried
to eat for me.I can still see her eyes looking at me,as if she was saying,
'I'm trying mom'.She taught me that grace is possible,even when you're
hurting.I'll miss you little ferret girl.I hope you have your fur now and
Jasmine,Valentine and Chelsea are dancing with you.

Sandy and the Dook City 4