From:
"Andrea M. Searls" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 5 Dec 1998 17:24:01 EST
Hi,
I'm considering getting a ferret and am new to this list, so I hope this is
not a question that has come up a lot before.  I talked to the people at
the vet I take my cats to about ferrets and they told me that it is not
recommended that you have both cats and ferrets because there are many
diseases that cats can get from ferrets.  I adore my 2 cats and wouldn't
want to put them in any danger, but I can't confirm this disease
information in any books, web sites, or the FAQ for this list.  This
veterinarian office has been good with my cats, but perhaps they don't
know quite as much as they imply they do about ferrets.  Does anyone know
anything about this?  Also any other information any one has about cats and
ferrets that might help me in deciding if a ferret is right for me would be
a big help.

Thank you,
Andrea