From:
Deborah Cavanaugh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 Aug 2000 22:44:57 EDT
Hi all,
Just wanted to update (finally) on Ziggy's adrenal surgery.  All went
great, it was the left adrenal, my vet said she checks all around in the
folds and everywhere and found no other problems (YES!!!) and she is
recuperating extremely well, she seem's to think that all is well and let's
get on being ferrety!  How do you keep a ferret still?  I have her in a
small cage, no level's, blanket instead of hammock, food and water, but she
seem's to think I'm punishing her by not letting her sleep with the gang in
the big house!  She definately does not like the A/D from the vet (YECH!)
but eats chicken gravy and some duck soup but is eating dry also.  Thank
all of you who responded 3 weeks ago when I wrote.

On another (dead) subject, I cannot honestly say that I got a "bad" bag of
food, (TF)  All that I know is my kids would not eat the bag I purchased,
they picked thru and around all of it, I got it replaced and yes they are
eating it now, but the other bag was in a 5 gallon bucket on the back
porch, Them Raccoons sure are having a feast on it!!!!!  They are gorgeous!
Soft full coats, and round full bodies!  Not easily spooked by being
watched!  I guess they don't mind the throw away stuff!

My heart aches every time I read such abuse as Sqiggles story.  It just
makes you want to ring someone's neck and save all the little one's out
there from humans(?) grasp.  So many take animal's, great and small, for
granted and seem to think they are disposable, or easily replaced!

Thanks for listening, hugs to all the fuzzies out there,

Debbie