From:
Shannon Crum <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 16 Jun 2000 09:32:31 -0700
Dooks to all!

Has anyone had any problem with their ferrets getting runny poops from
eating treats?  My three get a generous share of treats everyday.  On a
daily basis they get Fruit crunch treats, Raisin & Banana treats (soft),
and Tarter Control treats (crunchy and flavored).  Twice a week, I also
give them Pounce Hairball Treat-ment (hard shell with the medicine inside).

My problem is this: My fat boy, Sebastian (3 pounds at 6 months old),
always gets runny poops.  Every time he gets this way, I stop the treats
and give him cherry flavored Kaopectate for a couple of days (the little
bugger loves the stuff).  When it clears up, I give them each kind of treat
one at a time to figure out which one is making him sick.  He doesn't get
sick at all.  When he starts getting them all at once, he gets runny poops
again.  Maybe is stealing everyone else's treats, or it could just be the
mixture.

Also, the Pounce Hairball Treat-ments makes my other two ferrets, Sonny &
Felicia, vomit after a few minutes, so I will probably have to stop with
those also.  Does anyone really have a problem with hairballs?  I want them
to get these little extras and spoil them, but I don't want to do anything
that might jeopardize their health.

Going for Rabies shots this weekend.  Pray that we don't have any reactions
to that.  Thanks,

Shannon C. (owned by three carpet sharks...
Sebastian, Felicia, & Sonny).