From:
Shannon Crum <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 1 Jun 2000 10:28:04 -0700
My two oldest ferrets have been burrowing into things.  First, it was the
sofa.  I tried to stuff blankets and things down into the cushions so that
they could not get down in there, but they just pushed them aside.  They
have just been forbidden to get on the sofa.  I don't want anyone to sit
on the sofa and squash them.

Now, they have found a way into my box springs under my bed.  At first, I
thought they were just sleeping under the bed.  When I started pulling them
out to go back into their cage, I was missing a ferret.  I looked under the
bed again and noticed a dip under the bed.  My oldest, Snooz at 1.6 years,
was inside the mattress.  He had scratched open the bottom of the box
spring and crawled into it between the cotton and the springs.

Any suggestions on how to stop this?  Under the bed is their favorite place
to sleep.  I just don't want to lay down on the bed and squash him.  Any
help or suggestions would be appreciated.  Thanks,

Shannon and the three carpet sharks...
Sebastian, Felicia & Snooz.