From:
"Michael Dutton, DVM, DABVP" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 Oct 1996 09:32:37 -0400
**The advice dispensed by myself in reference to FML postings is not meant
to supplant the advice of veterinarians who are in charge of the patient.
If the patient is not currently under the care of a veterinarian, the client
is recommended to take their ferret to one.**

>From:    Minta Ruark <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: sick ferret gnashing
>I read something about this a while ago but I can't remember...what does it
>mean when your ferret is sick and he/she gnashes his teeth?

It is highly suggestive of stomach ulcers.

>From:    Judith Sanders <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Rabdomun?
>Has anyone heard of a rabies vaccine by Pitman-Moore called Rabdomun?

Imrab3 by Rhone Merieux is the only federally approved rabies vaccine for
ferrets.  In practical terms, it means it is probably the only State
approved vaccine.  Most states require that approved vaccines need to be
used to have the ferrets enjoy any legal protections against capricious
seizure by authorities after a biting incident.  This is a question that has
legal importance and the fact that Rabdomum may be effective medically in
ferrets is not the issue.  Use Imrab3.

Mike Dutton, DVM, DABVP
Weare Animal Hospital
Weare, NH, USA