From:
James Higgins <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 Feb 2000 12:03:41 -0500
I comited and unforgivab act.  I let a sick ferret leave the halfway house.
I had no idea that he was contagious or was as sick as he turned out to be.
I was informed by my vet that it was just a sight respirtory problem.  It
turned out to worse than was stated.  I should have no better and I am so
very sorry for both the ferrets and the people it has inflicted.  I will be
shutting down until further notice when I can learn to trust myself again
and to make sure that no other ferret will be affected by my mistakes.  I
can offer no other excuse except stupidity as I have no one to blame but
myself for this problem.  Again I offer my sincere appoligies to thise
affected by my mistake and can only promise that it will never happen
again.  All the ferrets here are being treated but none are showing the
signs to the extreme that the ferret that left did.

Jim Higgins/Widget's Halfway House