From:
Sandaili <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 28 Apr 2008 12:50:22 -0700
A few years ago I had an interesting run in with ants.

They did not want to eat the food. No, they wanted to eat...you guessed
it, the ferret poop. Interesting, no?

My question to you is, are the ants just going to crawl over the clay
litter to eat the ferret poop when the ferrets start using it. My guess
is they are going to be attracted to the fresh smell of it, so if you
switch, you might get ants in it anyway.

Clay litter - if it's not clumping litter, you don't get it stuck in
eyes, ears, the mouth, nose, and the butt. BUT - the dust is irritating
to a lot of ferrets. Even when it says "no dust". Clay litter leaves a
film on your ferret, and it's noticible when you end up getting a
rescue that has lived with clay litter. The whole cage might look
clean, but after a hosing down, the clay dust becomes visible, and you
realize just how much clay dust the ferret might have been breathing
in.

Also some ferrets may accidently eat it, and it sucks when they get it
some on them and then get wet, it gets slimy.

I am sure other people will have experiences (good and bad). These are
just mine. :)

Laryssa