From:
"Megan O'Shaughnessy, D.C." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 19 Nov 1998 18:06:19 -0800
On an FML'ers advice (sorry, I can't remember who!) I switched from
pepto-bismol to Pepcid AC for Grover's tummy upset.

When I was in the store I noticed that Pepcid AC has a new (?) flavor out,
a chewable mint type.  I figured, well if it's chewable it must taste
better, so I got it.  And wow, Grover drank it right down, no gagging at
ALL!!!  (Okay, he fought the syringe at first, but then it's the same
syringe he's been getting flagyl with, so who can blame him?!)

I have a prescription for Biaxin for him and he will start on that
tomorrow, rather than the flagyl.  The vet had never even heard of Biaxin
but I printed out the gastric ulcer part of the ferret FAQ at ferret
central and gave it to him.  He said he'd seen parts of the FAQ before but
not that one -- chalk up yet another point for ferretcentral!

Grover's starting to acquire the "pearshape" of a ferret, it's so great to
see it.  He's still a bit ribby to the touch but lots more filled out than
he was!  Dooks to his shelter-mommy for sending some of his favorite treats
in the package she sent -- I've since bought some more.  (Treat time
presently is half a marshalls tidbit for him, and a small piece of a banana
chip or a craisin for Onyx.)

He and Onyx are starting to "mix it up" more often, too; Onyx is usually
the instigator.  They will wrestle and play, laughing happily, but quite
often Onyx is so fast that he'll try to sit on her and she'll be long gone
under the dresser while he's still half-upside down wondering where she
went.  It's /SO/ cute.  (Then she comes racing back and pounces him.  ;-))

Thanks to everyone for all the wonderful advice and encouragement you've
given me...so many I can hardly keep track.  We all three of us love y'all!

(WA-state) Megan, and
    Grover (Where's my soup!?)
    Onyx (Spazziness is a plane of existence. Om mani padmi HAZAAH!)
    Cinnebar the cat (Why, mom, why?!?)
    and Sammy the stray cat (feed me, I'm yours! I'll look mournful
                             until you do!)