From:
Michelle Phillips <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 Mar 1998 10:26:26 -0600
This is a response to Bob C's post about Jet, and her silent heat.  Okay,
now I am worried too.  I have an aprox.  6 mo old unspayed female, who is
scheduled to be spayed sometime around the 20th of March (Prob on the 23rd
if Vets schedule permits) She was just in the vets office 2 weeks ago, for
her exam and shots, and they said she was fine, and there was no hurry on
the surgery.  One day her vuvla was slightly swollen, then the next day it
went down again?  Now it is swollen again, but not huge or anything like I
have seen them get.  Just big enough to make you notice its there.  But you
still have to really look.  Now all the females in heat that I have seen
were quite noticable.  There was no mistaking it.  So is the vulva small
like that only in the first week or so, and then goes on to get bigger?
Should I be rushing my vet to move the apt.  up?  I have called, talk to the
vets hubby, left messages and stuff, but they have not called me back.  I
have told them the whole deal.  But they seem to think its no biggie?  Or at
least the husband/secretary doesn't.  All in all the Ferret seems fine, she
is eating tons of food.  She is not as playfull as usual but she also had a
cold or somthing.  She machine gun sneezes regularly, and has a clear runny
nose.  All the other ferts just got over colds, so I am assuming she is the
last to get it.  She is eating duck soup, TF, and for breakfast she gets a
Tbs of sweet potatoes with ferretvite.  She loves sweet potato's and I
thought the extra iron in it couldn't hurt her.  And as of last night, her
gums and paws were still pink....So any ideas on what I should do?  Is 6 mo
to early to come into season?

Chelle