From:
Janice Underwood <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 5 Aug 1995 13:45:50 -0400
Hi all,

allergies:
        I've forgotten who was having allergy problems with her ferret,
but I have the same problem. I looked my allergist in the eye and said "I
know my animals are part of the problem, but I won't give them up, so
figure out what we need to do to keep me breathing." He, animal lover
that he is, agreed. That was many years ago, and we've managed to deal
with it, as a matter of fact, I no longer need to take pills two or three
times a day.

ferret & dog:
        Several years ago, I also had a rowdy dog & weasel team. My
little sable male, and my 60 pound golden mix used to play very happily
together. Helix [ferret] would chase Casey [dog] up the stairs. Casey
would wait for him at the top, roll him down the stairs, wait til Helix
started the war dance and run down. Helix would chase Casey around the
basement and they'd do it all over again a few more times. When Casey got
tired, he'd lie down near me, and Helix would stick his nose in between
the pads of Casey's feet and *push*. I don't know what he was doing, but
it always looked like he was trying to shove the dog into a hiding spot
under the TV. ROTFLOL!!! This was a regular occurrence, and even tho they
are both long gone I still laugh whenever I think of them. Oh if only I
had had a video camera. Priceless.

semi-cute story
        Work called me this morning because there was small brown weasel
looking creature inside one of the engineering labs. Everyone knows I
like ferrets, and I'm also basically animal control there, so they wanted
to see if I could catch it. Unfortunately it didn't appear to still be in
the lab. They were telling me that they could walk up to the window and
tap their fingers on the glass, and it would run over with mouth gaping
and try to climb the glass.
        I figure someone brought their baby ferret to the building and
left it there because there was nothing for it to get into; concrete
floor and nothing at ground level. By the time I got there, 30 minutes
after the call, no sign of crittur, so owner had probably finished
whatever they were doing and came and picked it back up.
        Darn, I was hoping to get another ferret out of it. ;} And no, I
wouldn't keep it if I could find the owner.

Janice and the critturs              Silk, CGC  [greyhound]
Schenectady, NY                        V'orri [ferret]
e-mail: [log in to unmask]          assorted snakes