From:
Janice Underwood <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 28 Aug 1995 10:25:55 -0400
Hello,
        I've posted in the past about V'orri's health problems, and he
has already had his right adrenal gland removed back in February of 94.
He is now showing all the same symptoms, hair texture change, loss and
breakage; thinning skin, turning into a pear etc. My vet does not feel
capable of doing the surgery, so I am looking for someone who will.
        However, in addition to this known problem, we seem to have some
others. His spleen is enlarged [ which it has done in the past, and then
gone back to normal ] and very hard, and he was showing some weird green-
blue area under the skin in front of his penis. He has been x-rayed, and
shows both the enlarged spleen and an enlarged liver. Is the enlarged
liver likely to do with the adrenal problem, or am I looking at yet
another medical problem unrelated? His spleen has been enlarged this time
around for a least a couple months, and the blue area under the skin has
been evident for at least a few weeks. I looked in the medical FAQs, and
didn't see mention of liver complications of AAE.
        V'orri just turned six, and has had various problems since he was
just a few days old, which is why I never sold him. I couldn't just stick
someone with an unhealthy kit. His was the last litter I ever produced.

Any advice and suggestions would be welcome. Thank you.

Janice Underwood            Silk CGC [greyhound] & V'orri [ferret]
Schenectady, NY                 e-mail: [log in to unmask]
Write me for info on the all sighthound breed list on Apple's eWorld.