Date:
Mon, 14 Nov 2005 08:00:49 -0800
Interesting to read of the several DEW and healthy Petersen ferrets.

I have one, my Parris.

I know the origional owner.  She worked at a small pet store when Parris
was ordered from Canada for a customer.

Parris arrived with two other kits.  The males were old enough to eat on
their own, Parris was not.

On arrival she was near death.  Dehydrated, cold.

The employee took her to the vet where she recieved emergncy care, then
taken home by the employee where she was hand fed around the clock for
many days.

Parris was two when I adopted her from this lady that had new job
responsibilities that left little time for her ferrets.

Parris is now 7 1/2.  She is a beautiful DEW, with long luxurious fur.
Not deaf.  No tatoo.  She has not had any health issues since her rocky
beginning.  Parris was a biter in her early years, I do not attribute it
to being *Petersen*, but to the type of disipline she recieved as a baby.

Well meaning, recomended at the time (still is by some) but not
appropriate for a tiny, scared wee ferret just learning to live.

Ardith