From:
Becki Kain <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 Aug 1998 16:40:19 -0400
Hi all:

I know I just posted about giving the ferrets, as a toy, two plastic bags
with tuperware in them to steal, but now, I have to post a warning that you
cannot leave plastic bags out with ferrets unsupervised.  Our little niblet
(who is MF and about 7) ate a small piece of a bag some time ago.  We, of
course, did not know this, but did notice her being a bit dropey.  took her
down to Dr. Schiff of Wise Owl Vet and he did two x rays.  sure enough,
there was something in there (and had been for a while).  she was still
eating and pooping though.  we started her on 3cc of whipping cream, 3 times
a day, which we only did for one day, then some mineral oil (which is just
really messy for all involved), and she passed the bag bit.

So plastics bags are fun, but please remove them when play time is over.

beckers