From:
Shannon Snavely <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 2 Nov 2009 13:19:51 -0800
Several months ago, you may have read our post, stating that we were
closing. However, we didn`t have the heart. When the next call came,
and the ferret was old & bald, we just couldn`t say no.

Next came a group of four from a kill shelter nearby. Two of them were
sick. They were brought to us, in spite of our recent announcement that
we were closing. Refusing would have been a death sentence for them.
How could we say no?

We have a total of 38 residents here at Ferret Dreamers Rescue Haven.
In the last year, ferrets have been brought to us with viruses,
distemper, heartworm, lymphoma, pneumonia, coccidia, & large tumors
etc. We couldn`t save them all, but the ones who died, died gently
and with love. Some intakes recovered, & found forever homes. Some are
still waiting to be adopted. Some are fostered now. Some terminals will
have a permanent home here with us, but as Sandra Robinson said, the
sick ones & oldsters are the ones who rack up the vet bills. Our hearts
go out to the other shelters who don`t send the "un-adoptables" away.

At this point, we are not asking for toys for Christmas. We are asking
for donations, however small, to be made directly to our vet:

Universal City Animal Hospital
2510 Pat Booker Rd.
Universal City, TX 78148
phone # (210) 658-6326

or, as Zoo suggested here, powering up our Totally Ferret account by
even a few dollars would be wonderful.

Thanks for your help, understanding, and consideration.

Shannon Snavely
Ferret Dreamers Rescue Haven
1280 Morningwood Dr.
San Marcos, TX 78666