From:
Shannon Snavely <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 21 Jan 2010 12:54:22 -0800
Dear friends,

BIG has just forwarded a post to us, regarding our shelter. It makes
us look pretty bad, and I`m sure that was the intention of the author.
(She`s mad at us, right now!) Some of the statements were massaged &
twisted. Others were outright untruths.

I will address her post point by point.

1. We met when she surrendered a ferret she had rescued. The ferret
(Charity) was returned to her after she was back on her feet.

2. Bob & I did offer to care for her sugar gliders, when she said they
were too much work. This was not a purchase. (The sugar gliders are
being returned to her, this week.)

3. She did seem ferret-knowledgeable, and loving towards the animals,
and I did ask if she would like to foster some.

4. Every time we met, I offered food & litter. She always refused.

5. The shelter did pay for all veterinary care. We have the receipts.

6. The shelter never authorized her to adopt (SELL) any of its ferrets.
Her job was to foster.

7. She emailed me that she had "adopted" out three of our ferrets, at
$65.00 apiece. One of these was to her sister, but the ferret was not
hers to adopt out. (Annie never WAS hers.) All adoptions must be
carefully screened, and all adoption forms must be personally signed
by me.

8. The crucial problem with the little boy was that he was in pain.
He could not urinate, and we were unable to remedy that IMMEDIATELY
because the roads were bad that night. He suffered, all night long. The
fact that he had to be euthanized was not her fault. What I was angry
about was that he was allowed to get so far down before she let us
know.

9. We decided it would be better to have our foster ferrents closer by
us, and the ferrets closer to their vet. Especially the older & sick
ones.

10. When I went to get the ferrets, their boxes contained orange &
red poo, and the ferrets had all grown very thin. (Even though I had
repeatedly offered her good food for them?) Yes, I took them all back.
They are ours, and I will not apologize for that. Four of the ferrets
have diarrhea, and two have died. The rest have vet appointments for
today. I am still very concerned about our other two babies, and can
only wonder where they are. She will not give us the names of the
people who have them, and she did not give us any paperwork.

Not only is she angry we will not give Annie to her sister, she wants
others TOO!

She is threatening to take us to small claims court (?) and is emailing
other shelters some vile things about us, because she`s mad! We have
had some nasty emails sent our way, and now this FML posting, so she`s
been very busy.

For the record, We ADV test ALL of our ferrets, and I would never tell
ANYONE that if a couple are negative, they all would be!!! Our kids do
get out every day to play. They all get vet care whenever they need it,
and meds. (Like I said, we have to keep receipts!) I`m a stay at home
mom, so things are in order here :)

I hope this clears up any confusion.

Sincerely,
Shannon Snavely
Ferret Dreamers Rescue Haven

ps--The shelter never saw the money for its ferrets which she sold.
She kept the money.