From:
Todd & Andi Lockhart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 11 Feb 1995 19:30:25 -0400
Just wanted everyone to know that Bailey seems to be doing better!

She was more alert this morning. We went to the vet, where it was
determined that her breathing was clear enough that a CXR was unnecessary.
We found out she's lost 1/4 pound. We've added a new medicine to her list -
Reglan - to help her feel less nauseated. We've also decided to keep her on
a constant maintainence dosage of Carafate, instead of just using it when
she ulcerates. We left our options open to increace the proglycem, and we
are leaving her on the dexamethasome and keflex.

She's eating a mushy blend of ensure and canned science diet kitten that we
fed Pickles while we were waiting for her second set of teeth to come in -
I remembered that she loved it, and thought it might be worth a shot.
She'll eat it if it is fed to her off a spoon, or my finger. She even drank
some water on her own tonight! Now we just have to put some weight on her
and get her strong enough to take care of eating herself.

On the down side, the doctor told us that there really isn't that much more
that can be done for her, except for combating infections as they occur. At
least I know we're doing all we can.

Well, anyway - I expect a more decent night's sleep tonight, and that
she'll continue to get better - at least to the point she was at before.

Thanks for listening and the supportive email!
Andi & The Recovering Bailey