From:
Todd & Andi Lockhart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 10 Feb 1995 21:57:50 -0400
Dr Williams,

I want to thank you for your advice - we called our vet (Dr. Edling), have
put her on keflex & carfate, and have an appointment for a CXR Sat.
morning.

Since the mishap on Wed, her health has gone down hill - we've been having
trouble with bloody stools, and refusal to eat or drink (which lowers her
blood sugar to the point of convulsions because of her insulinoma, which I
believe you diagnosed from the biopsy way back) so we've been nervously
force-feeding her. Every time she gets sick we go down this same path, so
except for being *extra* careful while feeding her, we've just slipped into
the "sick ferret routine." I swear she aquires the strength of 100 ferrets
when it comes time to force food or meds, which makes me afraid of another
aspiration accident.

She usually gets bloody stools when she gets sick, so I back off of her
dexamethasone, increase her proglycem, and give her carafate - so I had to
decide if I should give her her dex, since you recomended a steroid, or let
her bowels heal. I compromised and gave her half a dose, and we'll discuss
it further at the doctor's tommorow.

I'll keep you posted, and again - Bailey and I thank you for the advice!
Andi