From:
Georgette Peters <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 24 Aug 1998 13:00:34 -0400
Hi there!  As many of you know, I recently moved in with my absolutely
wonderful boyfriend, Jasper.  His roommate, Peter, is a basically nice guy,
but we're having some conflicts over the ferrets.

He still says the ferrets smell too much.  I have mopped, cleaned ALL of
the bedding, given everyone a bath, kept up with the litterbox, etc.  He
claims that they smell so much, that he can't eat downstairs!!  He must
have the nose of a bloodhound!!!  I have had MANY people over to my place
for dinner, etc and no one has ever complained that they smell that much!!
And my friends are pretty good with being dead honest with me.  It's just
so damned weird!  He's being nice about it, but at the same time, he words
it like I severely and blatantly lied about their scent.  All of my friends
notice the musk but even Steve (my ex-boyfriend who bitched the most about
them) never said that they ruined eating for him!!  We have a couple more
options - Randy Belair who runs the local ferret shelter has recommended
products called 100% natural for pets that she says have helped her, so
we're going to get some of that stuff this weekend.  I really don't know
whatelse to do.  Jasper and I can handle the rent without him and Jasper
has already told me that he really doesn't care if he moves out, but
something about the way Peter words his concerns, though he's being nice
about it, I'm not sure what he's implying if we can't find a solution.
Sigh!!  What a royal pain!!!  I hate to have him leave under the impression
that I bullshitted him - which I didn't - even Jasper told him that it took
him a little while to get used to the smell but he doesn't notice it as
much now.  Peter isn't being a dick about it all, but I'm shocked at how
much he says it bothers him AND his friends.  I don't know what to do ...
we'll just have to wait and see, I guess.

I'm not currently receiving the FML listings - it's too hectic for me right
now - I'll be back in September, so if anyone has any suggestions, please
e-mail me personally.  Thanks alot in advance and hugs to all!

George, Jasper and the Tribe

Georgette Peters                          Nothing is ferret-proof to a
Steacie Science Library                   sufficiently talented ferret.
York University
4700 Keele Street                                     *****
North York, Ontario                                 *********
M3J 1P3                                               *****
(416)736-5084
                                             Dook, dook, bjork, bjork!
e-mail - [log in to unmask]                        - Swedish Ferret