From:
"Montgomery, Vicki E" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 26 Apr 2005 10:03:22 -0500
Well at the risk of garnering more hate mail...

I applaud the person who wrote the message in defense of rescues and
shelters.  I joke with my daughter all the time telling her I'm going to
be living under a bridge someday, simply because I can not help these
ferrets running my rescue and save for my "golden years".

AND I have made my choice.  Would I appreciate financial help with my
surgery candidates..  Hell yes... but I have not posted here for help,
mostly because so many others do.  AND I DO NOT BEGRUDGE THEM THIS
VENUE... we do what we must to help these guys and if we have to beg,
borrow, or steal (ok maybe not steal) to get them help - then that's what
we do.  And what better place to raise money for ferret rescue than on a
FERRET MAILLIST?

Intolerance and mean postings is what got me caught up in a whirlwind of
mean mail last time and it just keeps on rearing it's ugly head..  so
here I go again... guess I didn't really learn..  at least not when it
comes to defending and loving ferrets...

I agree with the message that says quit your b****** and help out.  If
you can't you can't if you won't you won't ... BUT WHY MOUTH OFF AND
COMPLAIN ABOUT SOMEONE TRYING HARD TO DO THE BEST FOR OUR BELOVED FERRETS
what is wrong with you?  you who can only be mean... Learn to be
charitible - tithe to your church of choice - if you wish --- and tithe
to your charity of choice - (that means give regularily - can you afford
$20 per week or per month - what would you have to do without for that
amount of money?) ...

As for auctions and fundraisers... no one is asking for a free ride
here..  they are just letting other ferret lovers know ... "if you want
stuff -- here it is and it helps save ferrets"... BTW I have many people
who adopt who want to know where to get ferret stuff... I tell them to
look to the rescues.  I'm not talented and I don't solicit people to make
stuff for me to sell or auction off.  but gee maybe I should - not so I
can eat Filet Mignon but so I can buy a bottle of pred or get a couple
of rabies and distemper shots...

and just for the record I don't know about the huge rescues with dozens
of fosters homes and supporters, but I CAN speak for the smaller, private
rescue like mine... we do spend every penny we can muster on these
ferrets one way or another and we do let our own nutrition slide and we
do wear old rags and worn out shoes because that money is needed for the
vets... or for perpetual medication... or good food for the near death
ferrets who were kept outside and fed dog good or rabbit food.... and
we do let our taxes slide and risk loosing our homes, because this one
or that one or the dozen one person alone dumped because he/she just
didn't have "time" anymore and the ferrets are old now... never mind that
4 of them have adrenal disease and 2 are sick with insulinoma and another
has a huge tumor growing out of her neck... WE TAKE CARE OF THAT... what
do you do beside gripe and try to make other people feel bad about what
they do?

Thank you Anonymous Poster... for speaking up too...

Vicki
Vicki Montgomery
Tricks and Treats Rescue
Pasadena, TX 77506