From:
Ferretwise <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 26 Jan 2007 20:55:59 -0500
Hi friends!

Well here I am pretty as all get out! I bets you are wondering why you
haven't heard me lately? I have been having a really hard time getting
near the 'puter. It has been very crazy ( so what else is new?) here.
I guess you alls know that shelter Dad is still looking for work-- I
hope he hurries a fore we run out of treats! Meanwhile ol' Biscuit
is getting around but she is getting really really skinny. She eats
nutrical & n bones - when I don't steal them!

Nestle is doing pretty good though.. he sure s'prised o'l shelter
Mom! He is none the worse for wear and just got done taking some more
medicine. Mom & Dad went over to the church last week for a special
service for shelter board Member & hospice Dad Christian who left at
age 60 for Rainbow Bridge. Momma was leaking tears for days! She is
looking for some new folks to be on the shelter board now as there
are several vacancies. So who will I meet next?

I know that there is a new face headed in in the late morning someone
called BARNFERRET! - Momma is hoping to get that new face back in time
to see the shelter vet .. poor furry kiddo was abandoned last night i
the freezing cold!!!! It is a good thing it was abandoned near a farm
so it had warm hay to sleep in! The farmer found it this morning ( 75
miles away) he said he heard cars stop late at night then go away.. and
today his dogs were curious in the barn and he could not get them
away... so investigating he saw what he thought was a mean weasel in
the barn.... the farmer got heavy gloves cuz it would not move and
picked it up.. the farmer put it on a tree branch and it jus looked at
him, and it looked at him adn then it hopped down and came over. The
farmer shooshed it away 2 times and it came back. Then the farmer said
this seems pretty friendly -- so maybe it isn't a weasel. He took it
into the house in a box of hay and showed it to his wife. They got on
their computer and looked up ferrets. They read a ferret would eat
kitten food and sure enough this critter was happy to drinlk water &
eat kibbles. Lookit that! So he figured it was a ferret! So this ferret
was in the house most of the day and they watched it. it ate & ate
and was a friendly cus. So they called the only neighbors in 2 miles
and they never had a ferret.... then they found the shelter on their
computer and called shelter Dad-- who then gave the phone to shelter
Mom. So it seems in the morning she will drive the 75 miles to get this
lost little critter. I am not sure where they are gonna put it our
cages is full-- but they will figure something out.

Momma is going to make sure the NEXT family the fur kid has will not
turn it loose on a frigid winter day you can bet! So I will fill you
all in more when the stranger arrives tomorrow!

Oh by the way-- Koda is doin' jest fine. He has a bald belly and is
only eating soup but Shelter Dad has gotten too much attached to him.
Momma said it is because he is spending too much time around the
house... so he is going to adopt that kid... jest what Momma wanted
another permanent litter box to clean! Hahahahah..

Luckily Dad will be around on Tuesday to help out when Momma drives
to the statehouse for more testimony! They is developing a new law to
make sure folks do not import unhealthy ferrets, dogs & cats through
unlicensed rescues. She is really big on healthy animals you know?
Probably why our elder ferrets hang around for so long!

I am sure Momma will be posting more ebay goodies to help pay the new
vet bill....iffen you want to check things out today she has:

A Gift Set for any ferret ends: Jan-28-07 22:26:04 PST
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180077684594

A special Ferret Wise embroidered Ball cap ends: Jan-28-07 16:37:10 PST
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180077594412

A set of 5 special Ferret Note cards ends: Jan-30-07 13:32:17 PST
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180078216281

A Large tee shirt Sz Large ends: Jan-29-07 06:39:38 PST
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180077759849

Plus there are many more goodies including magazines, treats etc in
our ebay store at:
http://stores.ebay.com/Creative-Kolor-shop

Talk to you real soon!
Blossom, spokesferret at www.ferretwise.org