From:
"Capt. Nodrog" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 24 Feb 2000 09:01:20 -0500
In yesterday's FML complaint was addressed/raised about posting of those
fuzz butts that crossed the dang bridge.

These stories of such events are not always pleasant to read, but just the
same we are here to support one another.  Not that this is a AA for fert
owners, nor is it a place to carry on and on about a loss, but a simpl
short paragraph of such an event is not unwelcome at all.  We console
each other, we all love our pets, and respect the feelings of each other.
Likewise, share in the sadness of a loss of a fert we never met but grieve
the loss of just the same.  For the author, is a way to vent a little, and
tell others who know and feel likewise towards these fur snakes.  As a
rule, these carpet sharks do not have a long life, nor one reletively free
of pitfalls from disease, cancer, and accidents.

Authors that express what caused the event provide a service to us by
information that we may use to prolong the ones that survive.  Also alerts
owners of behaviour traits to keep an eye on for the safety and well being
of the fuzz butt under the rug.

Once I had innocently set a love seat down on the neck of my favorite
speed bump.  This little creature came as close to death as possible, and
survived by the grace of God and luck in my attention to looking for her.
Writing about it helped me to shed the horror of what I had innocently
done to my creature, but it also alerted others both experienced and
inexperienced of what can happen if you are not totaly aware of where
your pet is and what they are destroying at the moment.

So, let it all continue.  Maybe a bit of tempering of lengthy dialogue, but
let it continue for the benefit of the author and us all who learn from it
all.  Is a fact of life, happens every day, is what happens to us each.
ok?

Gordon, Byte-me, and Nibble-ed