From:
"Andy C. McDonel" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 7 Dec 2010 05:47:47 -0500
Well we took Snowball (our 3 yr old albino) in today due to a small
amount of hair loss. About 2 months ago, Snow wasn't acting himself..
very mellow, not jumping and dooking, and lost some weight. Dr ruled
everything out, and it seemed just to be a stomach bug. After a couple
rounds of amox, he was back to normal. Matter of fact, he gained 100
grams since his last visit. Anyway, shortly there after we noticed a
small amount of hair loss on his back (both sides of his spine), but
due to some odd ball weather, we figured it was just him blowing a
coat.

Dr. today seems to think its early adrenal. He is showing all the right
(wrong) symptoms.. age & hair loss so far. We ran blood work, and have
to wait 14 days to confirm or deny, then its choosing the right avenue
to go down. Do we do the full blown surgery? One of the three implants
he offers (he seemed to talk very good about some implant from
Australia, and I need to research some to see what others think).

Snowball is our lil tough guy. His "sister" chewed his ear off when he
was younger, and is one of our more active and playful boys. We just
hope this go round with adrenal and any type of vet visit will turn out
for the best, as we have had a rash of bad luck when it comes to taking
out brood to the vet for anything :(

Andy