From:
Tillie & Amy Evers <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 Aug 1996 17:39:31 -0700
Hi, this is Katie here, Mom says we is finally catched up a bit so I can
tell you all about our wild, adventuresome weekend.  I will start with the
kinda bad part 'cause it's the part that was first.

On Saturday mornin' Mom & my Gramma person went to the next town to visit my
Grampa where he is workin' with those great big horse things.  When they
came home in the middle of the day, there was Policeman guys all over the
end of our road who said Mom and Gramma couldn't come home 'cause some dumb
Park Worker guy had started a forest fire with a cuttin' torch (whatever
that means).  The Policemans said they was evacuumaten the area and nobody
could go back in.  They even told Mom & Gramma that they couldn't even come
and rescue Me, BrandyDog, MarblesKitty (who thinks she is a dog), or all of
Grama's Birdies.  (30 or so) Gramma even started crying and said please, but
the policemans said he had deaf ears and didn't care about us.  ( can you
believe that?) So, My brave Mom (or is it stupid) jumped out of the pickup
and runned real fast right by that policeman and all the way home to Me!  (
she loves Me SO much!) Then Gramma got a ride with the irrigation man and
came home too.  Then another Policeman came and said GET OUT NOW!!  (even
though the forest fire thing wasn't even close to our house) Well, My Mom
said NO WAY!  not unless you get us our pickup so we can take all our pets
too!  He said *he* didn't have time for that, and Mom said We ain't goin'
without the Pets!  (Silly how she calls us *pets* to other people) So that
Policeman took Gramma down the road to get her pickup.  So, all the Birds
got put in Grammas truck (it was a squeeze!) and Me and Brandy & Marbles got
in Mom's truck (in our goin'-in-the-car-cages of course) and then they made
us drive away to Mom & Gramma's friends house.  It was 103 degrees outside,
and very hot too.  I had to stay in my cage inside the truck with the
cold-air-thingy on.  We finally got to go home at almost 11:00 at night, and
I didn't get to get out and play at all the whole time.  Mom said it was
"Midnight" when we went to bed, and the nice Firemans had the forest fire
under control ( I know where under the couch is but not where under the
control is?)

The next morning very early Mom got me up and put me back in the
goin'-in-the-car cage, and I thought that forest fire thing was back out
from under the control or something.  But We drove a LONG way and when we
got there, there was FERRETS EVERYWHERE!!  (Mom said it was the Oregon
Ferret Association Fun Match) Boy did I have FUN!!  I did my trick of
puttin' my toys away and a nice man gave me a very pretty blue ribbon.  Mom
says I got 3rd place for havin' the blackest nose, and I got another pretty
blue ribbon for gettin' dressed up like that "Statue of Liberty" lady.  Lots
of people took my picture with all those camera thingys.  I didn't like
bein' all dressed up, but I still gave Mom lots of Kisses cause it made her
happy.  We even won some raffle prizes, I liked the brown paper bag that
everything else was in the best.  I took a nice long nap in that bag!  Well,
then we went back home again, and I was so tired I slept all the way.  the
end... Katie

Well, as you can see We had a VERY busy weekend, but it ended well, so it's
OK!  Sorry this is so long, BIG.  See ya all later.

PS: I think Tater & Odie's Paw Paw should try some Ferretone to make him
feel better, it works for Me! Katie

Amy & Katie
"Here's Dookin' at you Kit!"