From:
Cris Page <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 30 Jul 2000 19:28:43 +0100
I know its not EXACTLY Ferret related but then isp (and the consequent mail
address changes) can make it difficult to keep track of people / shelters
and that may be bad for the Ferrets... I have used iname.com for personal
mail for over 2 years now, it forwards to whatever isp I am using at the
moment,(changed about a dozen times in 2 years) and to point it at another
account takes less than a minute.  its free and I have found it totally
reliable..  I never lost a mail yet.  iname.com is now full but they are
issuing mail.com addresses now, in fact my reply address is via them, and
I got the whole family fixed up too.  Why not try it ?

As for the Performance foods issue, I have worked in distribution in the UK
and it is not a straightforward issue, odd pallets get mislaid as a result
of data input mistakes/ location misidentifications, there are many aspects
that can lead to old / recalled / obsolete stock surfacing some are poor
housekeeping / stock control, others are down to inattention on the part of
warehous operatives, and at the order picking stage it is NOT a requirement
to check expiry dates, ONE THING they all share.  they are totally and
utterly BEYOND the control of the producer This stuff can be "in the chain"
for weeks or even months, enevitably human error comes into play sometimes
little blame seems to have been pointed at the distribution network.  From
here it looks like people are content to Blame P.F.  for something that is
way outside thier control.

Most order pickers have targets to work to, these targets come about
because of pressures from consumers to keep prices low.  Cant have your
cake and eat it, in the case of expired code stuff that is finally down to
the store to check BEFORE they place it on the shelves, good stock rotation
should prevent most problems.  That is the last line of defence before you
the pet owner.  Like many, I check dates, choosing the longer expiry where
there is a choice, and if in doubt, I cop out and use an alternatve.

NOT A FLAME OR TARGETED AT ANYONE Just my 2p worth (dunno what 2 pence
works out to in us$ lol)

Hug the fuzzys, this is all about them !
Cris Page ( completely posessed by Bubbles)
www.furkidz.org.uk
ICQ# 7988247
Reply to [log in to unmask]