From:
"Scott B. Maitland" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 20 Sep 1995 10:21:00 EDT
Things went from bad to worse but have since improved.  Hannah was getting
weaker and refusing to eat any solid foods or even drink water on her own.
Blood work showed no signs of trouble, x-rays w/barium showed no blockage...
at least not anything obvious.

We put her on Cefox and Medrol at home and the vet had re-hydrated her
once at the office..and also had given her a large dosage of antibiotics.
Anyway, enough review.  We were working with her at home and feeding via
syringe as per instructions from many list members (thanks!).  We talked
to the vet late Friday night and were almost ready to put her down
Saturday am...but when we got up in the morning she was running around and
looking better.

With reprieve in hand (paw), we continued to feed Hannah a mix of
Ensure/Pedialyte and Nutrical.  She still isn't eating solids but is
taking these liquid supplements and pastes and also drinking water.
Another sign of her feeling better is seeing her sniffing the food dish
and begging for human food.

Hopefully this trend continues.  She is doing better and putting on
weight.  Any suggestions about transitioning her back to solid foods?
She still won't eat the cat food.  One list member suggested grinding
cat food in a coffee grinder and mixing it with liquids.  Any other
ideas?

We still don't know what caused all this trouble but it is looking
better all the time.  Thanks to everone who showed concern and passed
along helpful info.  Will update with any changes.

                                     Scott