From:
Melinda Wood <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 20 Feb 1998 21:39:19 -0500
I to went into my local pet store today to get some Yesterday's News ferret
litter and leash and saw they had some kits.

They were the smallest kits I have ever seen!  They were so tiny and the
albino one was trying to nurse from the little gray one the whole time we
were in there.  I also noticed they had their dry food moisted so they could
eat it.  I have never seen any for sale this small before.

When I asked how old they were the salesman said Marshall ships them at
about six weeks old.  He said he would guess them to be maybe seven weeks
old.

How long should a baby ferret stay with its mother in order to be healthy
and strong?  If they are still on moistened food doesn't this mean they
should still be weanning from their mother?  Sorry if this has already been
asked before, but I just started getting this digest about a week or two ago
and sometimes only have time to skim through it.

Melinda