From:
Melinda Wood <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 22 Mar 1998 01:25:57 -0500
We have a 6-7 year old female sable and when we get her out to play any
more she's not interested in playing.  All she wants to do is walk around
sniffing the floor.

She doesn't make hardly any noise any more either.  She used to squeak and
dance around, but she hasn't done that in quit a long time.

Also when she is out it only takes about 20 minutes and she curls up in the
laundry basket, under a blanket and is ready to take a nap.  But when I get
her up to put her back in her cage she is ready to play again.

She really is not interesed in her toys any more the only one she seems to
care about is the furry mouse.  She has baby doll that used to be her
favorite and now she could care less.  The same with other toys she really
liked.

We noticed she is starting to stumble some.

Are these just signs of ageing?

She is also very skinny.  You can feel almost every bone.  She has
always been skinny, but I think she may be a little to skinny.  When we
had her to the vet in October she only weighed 1 lb.

Could any of this be related to the new ferret we got in October or the
fact that we moved  in November?

She used to have run of the apartment when she was out of her cage because
there wasn't much she could get into since we lived in a one bedroom
apartment.  Now we live in a 2 bedroom mobile home and when she is out of
her cage to play we take her to bathroom and shut the door and stay with her
or the bedroom.  We have not yet got gates to petition of the kitchen and
hall so she can play in the living room.

Thanks
Melinda
Stinka