From:
Pippy Longstocking <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 14 Dec 1998 15:58:01 PST
Dear List,

I am very sorry to say that my post a couple of days ago was very real.  It
is sad and I wish it were not so.  I would like for you all to know that I
have gotten some very negative responses from members of the list because
I will not reveal who I am.  I feel that I am doing the right thing.  I am
very sorry that some of you do not think so.

The conditions that I described were not exagerrated.  They are very very
real and maybe even a little under exagerrated.  I would not post anything
to the FML like this that was not truely happening.  You guys have been
very supportive of me and helped me out with my ferrets in the past and I
thought that the FML was the best place to go for help.

My moral dilemma was never whether to do anything, it was whether or not to
call Animal control and making myself responsible for the deaths of tons of
ferrets.  I have a hard time imagining that sort of thing on my conscience.
The real question for me was: Is it more humane to let them live like that
or to have them killed?  I think that most of you can see what I mean.

I love my babies more than anything and I would hate to see them live like
that.  Please try to understand that my concern is for the ferrets and
getting help.  I have been contacted by quite a number of you and I want
you to know that I really appreciate the advise that you have given to me.
I will let the FML know about anything that I can as soon as I can.

Thank You,
Pippi

[Moderator's note: Unfortunately, I've gotten confirmation from other
subscribers that the problem is indeed real.  Stay tuned for more info, I
guess.  BIG]