From:
Heather Jane Bilicki <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 20 Jan 1995 11:24:12 -0500
Hello,
Regarding ferret vocalization:
We have three ferrets.  Kit Kat, sable female, chortles constantly with a rich
voice. Twinkie, champagne male, would not shut up as a kit.  Then he stopped
all together.  Nearing a year old he has again begun to chortle but his voice
is much higher in pitch than Kit Kat's.  Pickle, sable male, never made a sound
until we got Twinkie.  Now the occurances are rare enough that when they occur
we are pleasently shocked.  No mistaking the occurances though because he has
what I would call a deep baritone.  Everyone talks of dooking, but for some
reason this does not describe the noise my ferrets make.  Kit Kat sounds a good
deal more like a flock of chickens crossed with monkeys to me.

Ferrets, are very individual and would not be surprised if a ferret never made
a sound.  Pickle is the strong silent type.  I know that he is happy by his
silent dances of joy and the way he crawls onto my lap for a good _LONG_
cuddle.  I would not replace his cuddling for all the money in the world!

Take care,
Heather, Pickle, Kit Kat, and Twinkie the bumbling baby!