Date:
Thu, 23 Sep 1999 15:40:59 -0400
Hello,
This message is coming to you from Gainesville, Fl.  I am experiencing
great guilt and hurt right now...when I moved in to my apartment complex I
was verbally told that although the lease stated "NO PETS" that small caged
animals were fine.  I recently have had to file an official complaint
against my apartment community and since they have retracted there verbal
consent and threatened me with eviction and fines if I do not remove my
wonderful ferret friends immediately.

Fortunately for me, I have a loving significant other that has offered
them shelter until I can make other provisions but I do not think that it
is fair of me to put him in that predicament for any extended amount of
time....so unless I can find a way out of my lease (or some other
arrangement can be made) I will need to give them up for adoption via a
shelter or the classifieds.  I will do everything within my power to keep
them somehow but I definitely can not afford to be evicted!  I am in
college.  If I do have to give them up it will be a local affair I will
interview extensively and be sure somehow that they receive the proper
care and love.

PLEASE!  I beg you all not to flame or scorn me!!!  I never intended on
this happening I really and truly am a loving and responsible person
committed to the welfare of animals...especially mine!!  I could really
use some advice from anyone who has ever been in this situation!!  Please
respond privately.

My prayers to those with the sick and hurting!