From:
Robin Jones <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 25 Aug 2006 13:13:55 EDT
Vickie Montgomery writes:
>I hope XXX makes the roller derby team if that's what she really wants.
>One thing that bothers me is the use of ferret in a warlike name.  Maybe
>I misunderstand what she is wanting, but many of us have spent years
>trying to change public perception of ferrets.  Names like Dagger and
>Gator do not help improve the image of ferrets among people who do not
>know.

Miss Vicki,

No where is my post did I say the name had to be a warlike name, the
examples I gave were of name of players already on the team.

I understand your concern.  We have had some really fun names sent in
for the contest.

But I want everyone to know that we have thought of this.  Please also
understand the the rules to roller derby are VERY different.  Please
feel free to look in to it <http://www.wftda.com/> .

This person has been involved in the ferret community for a really long
term.  And she will in no way promote meaness to ferrets.  This is going
to be across the USA ongoing fundraiser for ferrets.  We would never
endorse any thing that would cause harm to our beloved "kids"

Poof,
Petey TPO