From:
Ferrets Unlimited Ferret Shetler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 22 Oct 2000 22:04:38 -0400
Hi Folks!!

Well the open house here at Ferrets Unlimited was a success.  Twelve
ferrets found good homes.

Unfortunately, five came in within 48 hours.  A pet store biter, a ferret
abandoned in an empty apartment, a ferret from a closed shelter, and two
are coming in today from a vet in Youngstown.  They were abandoned.  Sigh.
I really don't understand people.

Carla from Michigan came down, and she brought Vicki (Ferret Fanatic), it
was great to see Carla again, and finally meet Vicki.  (I kept on wanting
to introduce her as Ferret Fanatic) They were a great help.  They got here
early, and did the water bottle, food patrol, and cleaned up messes the
kids made during the night.  The also helped me put the furniture back
into the living room.

Gary and his wife came in from Lake County, bringing  a huge bag of chew
weasels, and Bev Fox showed up with food.  (That was for hubby, she said
everyone brings stuff for the ferrets, and he gets neglected)

Oh, Vicki cooked hamburgers for everyone that was here at 9 PM Saturday
night, and they were great!!  The ground sirloin is excellent Bev.

Lana and Jeff, the local club founders were on hand to help out too!!  And
thanks to them the living room carpet looks wonderful!!  Jeff pulled some
strings so I wouldn't have to spend Friday night cleaning the carpet.  I
wish you folks know how much these two do for ferrets in general.  They
work very hard to promote good ferret care, and help the shelter.  Thanks
to those two and Jane, what little sanity I have left is still with me.

Lisa, Terri, Karen, Elkie, Elkie's SO, Linda, Fred, Gary, and a whole
bunch of other people were there!!  I hope a great time was had by all.

Well, time to play with the fuzzies.  Oh, and any one on the FML still has
the adoption fees waived.  You have to let me know you are an FML'er.

Jean
Ferrets Unlimited Ferret Shelter