From:
"James b. Storm" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 21 Jun 1995 17:29:54 -0500
To Jim C.

I wish to offer my condolances to you for the death of your little one.
When my Frettchen died last month, I too stated that I would not have
another one.  A dear friend of mine suggested that I remain open-minded
about that, and I replied, "Okay, if one is dropped in my lap, I will take
it."  Within 24 hours, 2 were dropped there.  And what a joy they have been.
Frettchen is not forgotten, but I definitely have not had time to dwell on
her passing.
        Rosha and Teddy(bear) have been in the family for about 4 weeks now.
Rosha is a silver female, and Teddy is a sable female.  Both are about 2
years old, and quite hyper. Rosha is unable to walk.  She is either asleep,
or running, hopping, jumping.  Since Frettchen's death was a result in owner
error (she ingested rubber from the bottom of a shoe which was normally out
of reach), the house has been and is constantly being monitored for
ferret-unfriendly substances.  This is a good thing, because the 2 learned
how to "pick the lock" of the cage while I was at work last week, and had a
weasel party in the house.  Kitty litter and poop was everywhere.  Oh what
fun we had.
        I noticed the next day that Teddy appeared to have a broken front
canine.  It appears that only about 1/8" or less is missing.  This may not
be something new, I just didn't notice it till then.  The rest of the tooth
is darker than her others, but just slightly.  It has a "coffee" tinge to
it.  There appears to be no pain, no difficulty eating, or any other symptom
related - just the discoloration.  Is this something I need worry about, or
should I wait for other symptoms.
        Any info will be appreciated.

Jim Storm
Rosha - I'm bustin' outta here - pass it on
Teddy - Can I go? Can I go?
Turk (the wonder dog) - Dad, those things are following me.