"Ulrike:-)" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 6 Feb 2001 00:13:51 -0000
Hi Debbie

You don't have to cook the ground chicken, it's best to feed it raw.  When
I started feeding raw chicken, I had ferrets that were 1-7 years old.  Rose
and Jasmine who were the 1 year olds were not sure about the meat at all
so I hand fed them for a day until they realised that it was food and that
I wasn't trying to poison them.  It's not just the ferret's age that
determines whether or not they will like raw meat.  My Jack was 5 and had
never eaten raw meat yet he loved it from the start.  Most ferrets may need
hand feeding until they accept the food, once they willingly eat it from
your fingers, you leave your finger in the meat and the ferrets will keep
licking your finger and eventually lick the meat out of the bowl.

Best wishes from
Ulrike
and Jilly, Jack, Bella, Tom, Mason, Baby, Dana, Fox, Reno, Rose, Jasmine,
Barney and Spike

Missing Angel, Hope and Igor

West Wales Ferret Welfare
E-mail: [log in to unmask]