From:
"Bruce Williams, DVM" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 Nov 2000 22:08:13 -0500
>I scheduled an adrenal surgery appointment at Michigan State University
>(Lansing) for Mon. Nov  20.  (THE SOONEST I COULD GET.)  I am going to
>contact Dr. Fear and/or Dr. Sharon Lawrenchuck...others to see if anyone
>can get Zippy into surgery sooner.
>
>Since Zippy IS urinating, eating well, and responsive...will he make it
>until Monday IF need be?

Dear FerretGirl:

If he is doing all this, he should have no problem making it to Monday.
However, with his history of blockage, you need to keep an eye on him VERY
closely - that is the most life-threatening part of his current condition.

>My current vet does not want to start him on Propecia, Casodex, or any
>other meds until AFTER surgery because he said it will "mask the symptoms
>of the adrenal." Is this true?  I am calling my vet tomorrow again to see
>if I can get him on bladder relaxers (at least) to get him by until Mon.

Even if he did, you probably wouldn't start seeing any results that
quickly.  But it may be a good idea to start the Casodex immediately
after surgery.

With kindest regards,
Bruce Williams, DVM