From:
Sandy Repper <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 7 Jul 1998 22:08:44 EDT
I can't say a whole lot on the subject,only personal experience.I don't
know whether they breed for health or not,but my first sable MF female had
adrenal.Not the ordinary kind,but both glands.Unfortunately,she didn't make
it through the 2nd surgery.That was four years ago.Now it looks as if my
second sable MF female also has adrenal disease,same age at onset.Hopefully
not both glands.They were and are the sweetest ferrets you could want,and
definite characters.It may just be my luck,or it could indicate a deeper
problem.I really can't say as 2 are a small sample to go by.I have one more
MF ferret,a male sable 2 yrs.old,so I'll keep you informed.Keep good
thoughts for Jasmine and we'll get through this better.

Sandy and 3 Fuzzinators
Murphy had ferrets.