From:
Joyce Kuk <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 14 Dec 1997 14:30:19 -0800
I completely agree with Juliana about shelters screen potential adopters
before adoption.  All sensible people would know it is for the well being of
the ferret.  I personally like the STAR application form a lot.  From a
non-shelter point of view, I'd be gladly answer all questions on the form to
provide information for shelter's consideration.  What I personally do not
like is inquiry about my personal finances and home-visit.

I take pride in being a responsible person specially concerning my animals.
I know what I am getting into and prepare for it before making a decision.
It feel insulting to have shelter treated me like an everyday idiot.  I
believe in my intelligent to make my own decision and do not appreciate
anyone to think I am incapable in doing so and decide for me.

I fully understand the reason behind for shelter to make extensive inquiry,
some people in this world are not responsible enough to have a ferret (but
they can become parents anytime).  This world has gone too crazy.

- Joyce