From:
Karen Rochette <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 9 Jan 1999 16:36:30 EST
Once again,we have ECE,or rather on Tues. Jan/5/99 We took our little boy
to see Dr. Purcell.  At the time of the visit,based upon his reletively
Good health,and stool samples brought in with him,she didn't believe that
Spice had ECE afterall.

But 2 days later,when she received the blood test analaysis,she changed her
diagnosis.

according to the lab results,there was one element in Spice's liver values
that was up.  When she rechecked her info on ECE,to her surprise and
consternation she discovered that this same liver value that was elevated
in Spice becomes elevated in ECE.  It should be mentioned that this one
value,and Only this value becomes elevated in ECE.  Based on this,Spice has
been rediagnosed as having ECE !

So there it is ; once again we are back as having ECE!

At the moment,all our babies stools are looking good,but their Still Not
eating their Regular food,and are Fighting Us about eating the Duck Soup!
It's Not that they don't like it,they do,but only when they Really Need it!
Like last week,each and everyone of the fuzzies were averaging 2-6 tblsp.
daily,this weak,they really Don't Want any!  So far,we haven't really
Noticed the earting their food,they sniff it,but don't eat it!

Do any of you have any ideas about this?

I think they may be over the worse,as I said,their stools are good,no
signes of sores in their mouths,their coming out and playing,their drinking
their regular water,their eyes are bright,alert,and clear;but Their Not
eating!

We've tried mixing baby food,and heavy cream in with some food,but they
Won't touch it!  On Saturday I force fed 2.5 tblsp.  of duck soup into
them.  I also tried a little chicken boillen broth mixed into their regular
food,but Only one of them ate any of it.

Should I continue force feeding the duck soup?  Should we try Forcing them
to eat some of their regular food?  Does any one know what medicines I
should be using at this stage of ECE?

I've written a message to Dr. Purcell,but she hasn't answered me back
yet,and she won't be in her office until Monday.

At the moment we're forcing duck soup on them,still giving them daily
doseages of slippery Elm Bark at .12cc. and giving either immodium a.d.
,or kaopectate as Needed.

Is there something else we should be doing at this Final stage of ECE?

Please write me directly at [log in to unmask]