From:
Linda Iroff <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 28 Dec 1998 06:31:32 -0500
MIke
I'm glad to hear your friends made it to the airplane with their fuzzies
"in utero"!

Six years ago we smuggled Belle on a Southwest flight from Cleveland to
Baltimore-Washington airport.  I went through security with Belle inside
my jacket.  The jacket was zipped up all the way (thank heavens it was
winter!) and Belle was frantically digging at the neck.  My husband's large
belt buckle set of the alarm in the other security gate, so noone even
looked at me!

I went to the restroom and transferred Belle (who had been given a
tranquillizer which obviously didn't work!) to a carry-on bag.  She dug
frantically inside the bag while we waited to board the plane.  Being the
holiday season with lots of passengers and general hubbub going on, noone
noticed.

After we got on the plane, while waiting for the rest of the passengers to
get on and get seated, Richard opened the bag just a bit to get out his
book.  Belle shot up his arm onto his shoulder.  For a few moments I had
a terrify image of Belle war dancing down the aisle with passengers
screaming, but Richard grabbed her and stuffed her back in the bag without
anyone seeing!

I'm NEVER doing that again!!

Linda Iroff
The Raisin Retreat