From:
Stephenie Baas <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 24 Nov 2004 14:01:45 +0100
First thanks to everyone for the wonderful responses, Randy the beautiful
tree will flower in about one and a half years with the second Dutch
symposium.  I'm a bit behind on reading the mailing list, we took Bob out
for a tour of Amsterdam yesterday, "oh what a day," we took him to the
red light district and I had had a ball watching Bob LOL.

Well in the evening the four of us were naturally talking about ferrets,
and my big dislike came up, "breading for color and fir" I told Bob that
our club refuses to judge certain types of ferrets, to try and stop them
becoming too popular, in the hope that this will discourage breading,
Bob said that the only way to really cut down on breading with certain
ferrets would be for the members of clubs and veterinarians from around
the world to get together and form a front in decisions about what is
and what is not healthy and that we should then all of us stick to these
decisions, only then could we really make people believe and understand
that ferrets should be loved and wanted because they are ferrets and not
because they are prettier than the ones next door.  Sounds like a good
idea to me, so who's game I can't do this on my own but I would be more
than willing to help with the organization, we could make the first world
wide ferret congress.  Or am I dreaming dreams that cannot be.

For those of you concern about the problems with Sorsen, I have been
looking in to this, apparently there have been new laws passed, these are
for animals from the fur industries, I would not think that Angora would
be used for the fur industries, but Maybe in the Scandinavian countries
they don't, as yet consider ferrets as domestic, anyway if anyone wants
to look into it you can find the new laws online at the, council of
Europe, page 25 "the report on the welfare of animals kept for fur
production"

Fabric eating, in my experience is a sign that the ferret is not feeling
well or is nauseated you might want to look into hellico bacter.

Thanks again

Stephenie SDF