From:
Trudi Casler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 10 Nov 2001 08:01:05 EST
>>...we cannot even help the ones that are put to sleep in tucson alone..
>>did you know that the figure is over 63,000.00?  and thats in tucson...
>
>One of the board members of the Tucson club/shelter has checked and we
>can't understand where she could have come up with that figure.  My
>gosh, that's quite an amount.  Just where is this information from?

>>She has also stated
>>...i dont belong to any club because i feel the abuse in any form is not
>>acceptable and there is a club here that has someone who does endorse
>>flicking ferrets and well if its abuse in a child why wouldnt it be abuse
>>in an animal?
>
>I do agree that is abuse.  But the way she has posted, it's like all the
>members of this club disclipine their ferrets in this manner.  I know for
>a fact there was one, but the best way to change this and prevent others
>from adopting this form of dicipline is to join the club and help out by
>showing the correct way to dicipline.

well im sorry to hear that people have misconstued my post....i thought
it was self explanatory... but let me try to explain this one last time:

63,000.00 "ANIMALS" is what i meant!!!  not ferrets but "ALL" "ANIMALS"
in tucson alone....

and for a correction what i said was
"and there is a club here that has a person who endorses"

now how could you get that i was talking about "ALL CLUB MEMBERS"?  i was
talking about one person and i stated one person...in fact i didnt even
say "WHO THE CLUB WAS"!!!  did i?  there are several clubs here in
tucson...i actualy know of 4 right off the top of my head...and several
people who know nothing of the fml...

im not trying to be rude but im sick and tired of "PEOPLE" taking out of
context what i said...i try very hard not to do that to other people,
becasue i hate that being done to me...

the point is this:
the site listed unaltered ferrets....i asked why as a shelter were they
not fixed?

it doesnt say (at the time) what they are planning to do wityh the
ferrets...it doesnt say where they came from or what kind of a background
they came from...hence they could have been abused ferrets...they could
have been constantly caged ferrets with little or no handling...they could
have some health problems that they dont know about...

therefore i gave some good sound advice on "BITTING AND NIP TRAINING"...
somehow the person Joann thought i was saying that they were being abused
by the shelter...

now i have reread every post including the original one from the shelter
and from me and etc...

i didnt not say it at all...so why in the heck do certain people not
understand this?  i have gotten emails from peopel who say certain things
about that shelter...and what i told them is this:
if what you are telling me is true "TURN THEM IN"...i dont know about any
other state but i do know that arizona has a great policy concerning
animal abuse...its a felony...short and sweet to the point...and they do
proscute...i lobbyed for animals and i still am...the point again is i do
not endorse animal abuse as joann said to me in an email...nor do i
endorse child abuse..  nor have i accused any shelter or any person of any
abuse... what i am guilty of is asking why the ferrets (and so many of
them) are unaltered...it doesnt say one word on the site about donations,
vets or what the policy is concerning adopting these unaltered ferrets...
on the site it says that some of the ferrets have "pinning" issues...so i
gave some advice on that issue...it was well reserached and it has worked
for us and others...so i thought that id pass that information on...just
in case they had never thought of a training method like it... but instead
i got a hateful reply back and totaly out of context... you know i tried
to give some help and instead i got slapped in the face with accusations
of things that i did not say... people cannot be trusted to fix ther
animals...its a proven fact...maybe thats why there are so many animals
put to death each year in the untited states...ever think of that?

persoanly i think that your emails and comments joann are completely
unfounded...for all those of you out there that are truely interested in
the whole thing please see issue (fml i believe on the 6 or 7 of
nov)...maybe i was not clear on the 63,000 animals (all)...but when you
read the whole post over again, i believe it was stating animals...not
ferrets...that would be totaly unresonable...so i do appoligize for that
misunderstanding...if anyone thought that way..but as far as anything else
i do not appoligize...i never said anything accusitory about anyone or any
club...

persoanly i am glad that peoiple care enough to start their own rescue and
spend their own money...and believe me that is so hard...because thats
what i did...and boy was that ever a lot of money...i do take my hat off
to those who can do that...

and lets not forget that all shelters are not perfect...

in closing i do appoligize to those people who are reading this but i ws
just sick and tired of certain individuals taking out of context what i
said... put yourself in the same situation and im sure you would not be
very happy either...especially when all you wanted to know was why werent
they fixed and gave advice on bite/nip trianing... so again i hope this
sets the record straight as to what i "DID" say and what "I DIDNT SAY"!!!
thankyou for your time... sincerly, trudie

ps
this has been blind copied to the people that a ceratain person has chosen
to bring into this situation which should not have started in the first
place...if you want copiues of emails from her please let me knoe and i
will forward...