Date:
Fri, 18 Dec 2009 17:01:10 -0500
Sue, after this FBOG Christmas party, I will definately be coming back
again and again. And whenever there are any events on Sundays when we
have the car (or even sat nights), we'll be back.

I had hubby and Chet in tow when I arrived in Atlanta that Sat night.
Sean caught the flu a few days prior, and I mean the reaaaaaaaal deal.
Very scary stuff. So he could not come with us. And I was pretty
devastated about that. So was he because he was so excited about
bringing his little girlfriend along. We brought Chet who seemed very
anxious because he has never met most of the Ga crowd and doesnt
remember the ones he has met very well. When we got there, we all felt
so shy at first, but of course who came to the rescue? Florence Love.
I let out a huge sigh of relief when she wrapped her arms around me
and she stayed by our side while we settled in. With the Ga bunch at
hand, that took no time at all.

I was thrilled to meet Lesley and hubby (damn I miss that pony tail).
Chet seemed to have met a forever buddy in Norma. He kept wanting to
hang around Donna. "That lady is soooo cool, mom. I like her". Marc
opened Scott up by talking about football, thank goodness. I always
love seeing my Italian, Yankee counterpart ... Julianna.

Joe and Sharon Bearden did not come. Florence had her Karen (sidekick),
but I had no Sharon (my sidekick). That felt funny. I hate being
Sharonless. If you are not familiar with the joke, it goes like this:
Florence and I are walking, talking, bubbly, social butterflies. You
"know" when we are in a room. Karen and Sharon are these charming,
humble, quiet women who wear huge smiles on their faces while they are
by our sides as we run around like two nuts. Both of them are so warm,
I swear you can feel them across a room. I imagine that Florence and I
can get to be quite a handful with our never ending energy. Sharon and
Karen sort of ground us. Every where Sharon and I go, we get the same
thing ..."Huh ... well, you two are an odd couple ..how exactly does
"that" work?" Lolol. Sharon calms me, she keeps my feet touching the
earth. I'm not sure what Sharon gets out of the deal. Entertainment?
Lol. A voice? I have no idea. But the fact is we "fit". Just like
Florence and Karen.

Sue, have you ever been to Lesley's? Wow, it is so nice. I have
horrible asthma and allergies. Before I go to an animal lovers homes,
I take double my asthma medication and gear up on antihistamines and I
hope for the best. Well, no need at this home. High ceilings, all wood
floors, not a speck of dust. I was better there than my own home, I'm
so jealous! The home had low amber lighting that night, with Christmas
decor all over the place complete with a big Christmas tree. The ferret
cage had tiny led lights all around it, stockings, etc. Their ferrets
are big fluffy love muffins. Someone taught Chet about different wines.
After a "few" he ran up to me with a fistfull of raffle tickets that he
bought. Lol. Everyone was dressed so pretty. The table and food were
just so lovely. I am so grateful that we were invited and that we were
able to come.

I only had one disappointment, Scott did not bid on the ferret penis.
And I really wanted that ferret penis! He sucks!

On the way home, Chet seemed to be on some type of high from the
night. He just kept saying that he had never been this comfortable
around people in his life ... that everyone there made him feel so
special, respected, and cared for. I asked, "like you belong, and
are accepted no matter what?" "YAH!", he answered. I told him,
"What did you expect ... they are your family."