From:
christian <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 17 Jul 1997 21:25:15 PDT
Dooks,

Elizabeth,
I am really sorry you feel you can't join the FML once you get your own
email address.  I will definitly miss your posts.  They are humurous and
well written.  I think some people have a problem with that because they do
not see an 18 yo write that well on her own very often.  I myself have no
doubt that you and your dad are two different people who happen to write in
similar style.  I think it is a great compliment to your father that your
style is similar to his.  As for the rumors, any time you get more than two
people in one place you will have gossiping and rumor mongering.  Please do
not let those who thrive on negativity shoo you away from the FML.  It would
be a drab place without your wit and tattling (non-medical) .  :-)

As for those who feel it necessary to send Bob C mail alluding to his mental
health and personal life, shame on you.  His personal life is nobody's
business unless he chooses to share it with people.  As for supposed abuses,
I think Elizabeth is smart enough not to put up with it if it were
happening.  So, because she is still with her father and very supportive of
him I must say there is a very loving relationship.  If you can't recognize
playful bantering and just want to make trouble with rumors you don't belong
on a supportive network such as this.

This is not meant to be mean, but I just have a hard time believing that
people who are supposed to be supportive of one another are spreading lies
that are not based on fact.  Sorry to BIG if this is strong and feel free to
edit or deny to post it.  It is just that I have been on the receiving end
of rumor garbage at one time and it is nothing but hurtful and petty.

Well, off the soap box.  Thanks to the poster in England who wrote
concerning the "polecats" at the St.  Louis Zoo.  FYI, there were two albino
(that I saw) ferrets in the cage.  Now, to anyone in St. Louis Area with
enough pull to talk to Zoo officials and maybe fixing the display sign so
that it is more accurate.  Bob C. maybe if you could contact them next time
you are that way and see to it that people do not get misinformation from a
misleading sign.  I realize that this is not a severe problem like the Kodo
rabies issue and Calif. legalization efforts.  However, we want to educate
the public and having ferrets labeled as European Polecats, and thus wild
animals, is not helpful to the edcation standpoint.

Sorry for the length and the rambling.  No flames please, they won't be read.

Ferret hugs,
Donelle et al

Prayers go out to those in need - and those not in need :-)

[Moderator's note:  For the record, I didn't receive a single piece of
email complaining about Elizabeth's posts, nor Bob's for that matter.
People often send me a quick note or two with comments about the FML
-- and I
very much appreciate their effort to do this.  Any comments about Bob's``
or Elizabeth's posts have always been positive as far as I remember.  BIG