From:
Susan Malone <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 12 Jan 2000 00:27:20 MST
Before I get slammed too hard for defending Amy, there is an issue I am
very confused on.  I am not meaning to offend, upset or flame anyone.  If
anything, I think Amy should have at the start, and should definately now,
give us more info on why this account can not be paid and what the expenses
were for.  WHAT is the account that is owed to this vets office?  Amy's
personal account for her breeding ferrets or the shelter account for
rescued ferrets?  I was under the belief it was for rescues, is this not
correct?  If it is for her personal ferrets, sadly, I would have to agree
that it is unethical to ask others to pay it off.  if it was for rescues,
I maintain we should cut a little slack.  Hopefully the two are indeed,
seperate entities.  I know my vets office has 2 seperate accounts under
my name.  One is private for my own personal pets, the other bears the
shelters name and is for rescues only.

I also must speak in defense of one comment... just because she has new
ferrets for breeding does not automatically mean she is rolling in cash.  I
myself aqquired several new ferrets while still paying for previous ones.
Why?  Because the person I got them from offered them to me in trade for an
exisiting kit or for a pick of a future litter.  I have also been invloved
in arrangements trading a kit for a cage or supplies.  I even traded a kit
once in exchange for the person doing X amount of hours housework for me.
My only point here is that not all transactions mean cash is available.

I would like to say maybe we should all know the whole story before we jump
on Amy, and truth be know, I include myself in that statement since I did
jump to her defense without knowing the whole story as well and only based
it on my online relationship with her.