Date:
Thu, 9 Apr 1998 08:30:17 -0400
I haven't had the great experience of fleas with my fuzzies yet but plenty
of prior experience with my dogs.  Here are a couple of suggestions that I
have found very effective.  Our "bug man" (those of you in the south know
what I'm talking about!) said to vacuum the floor by putting one (1) moth
ball in the vacuum cleaner bag and vacuuming thoroughly.  The moth ball
kills flea eggs before they are able to hatch.  You have to do this 2-3
weeks in succession but it makes a major dent in future hatchings.

Also I tried an organic repellent that was basically baking soda mixed with
oregano and marjoram.  Sprinkle that on the carpet and it works very well.
The only thing is that oregano was like catnip to the cat I had at the time
so you might want to see if it zips up the ferrets as well!  Marigolds
planted outside your house are also great flea deterrents if you're not
allergic.

I am really enjoying the ferret-list!

Karla,
Meep and Daisy